Friday, October 11, 2013

Custom Made Kid™

I am super, super excited to share the logo I had made for my children's book now that I've gotten everything officially registered. I knew that I wanted it to be clean yet also somehow whimsical and a bit "vintage" looking.  I think the logo designer I chose really managed to do a great job with making all those desires come together in one sweet little logo! 
 
 
Eventually, I plan to post a widget on my blog that will link to the website where people can purchase the book, buy CMK t-shirts, and also find out more information in general.  I'm still in the goal setting phase for the official release date - and I'm not one for patience when it comes to something I'm excited about - but I'm trying so, so hard not to rush this process.  I feel like God gave me this specific dream and want everything to be exactly like what's in my head...no corner cutting no matter how ready I am to get this ball rolling.
 
I can't help but think back on all those dark, infertility years of not knowing and pain and just plain hurt that God could leave me in the "valley" for so long.  What was He doing?  I was so upset at Him at times even though I knew better than, based on our history together, to question His plan.  And then one day completely out of the blue, I get this call and my whole world from top to bottom gets completely flipped upside down. 
 
Crazy. 
 
It was like that with meeting DW, too.  I had no idea that I was going to meet my future husband when I packed up a Uhaul truck and headed to Birmingham for a "fresh start".  500 miles and a few short months later, much to my surprise and everyone else's concern, DW and I had eloped.  Single to married in under 3 months from the time we realized we weren't "just friends".  Heartsick Infertile to Mother in less than 15 days.  God seems to like to make me wait until I'm sure that there is no other possibility but for Him to do something miraculous and then WHAM! 
 
Huge and amazing things happen.  What a show off.  ;-)  (I mean that in a completely loving and admiring way, God.  Please hold the lightning.)
 
I think of LC like that final piece of the puzzle that just made this entire crazy picture come clear for my life.  She's not the last piece...she's just the one that finally made that picture start to make sense. 
 
Being honest, I don't know what will happen with Custom Made Kid™ but the more I pray about it, the more I realize that the outcome doesn't really matter.  I could sell 5 books, I might sell 5,000 but, as I remind myself daily, it really shouldn't matter.  What should matter is that I am trying to be faithful to what I feel like God has called me to do in this season and whatever He does or does not choose to do with it isn't my call.  Simply walking this leg of the journey like He's asked me to is all I have to do.   
 
Instead of feeling vulnerable and desperately afraid of failing, I try to constantly think about the fact that if this book helped one family or one child by telling them (or reminding them) that God loves them and they believed it to the bottom of their hearts...then its successful.  And that, my friends, takes a whole lot of pressure off and just allows me to let the creativity flow and lets this Dreamer dream
 
I am completely (good) emotional and I feel like I have to say, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!  I truly believe that the readers who hurt with us during those dark, dark days of infertility actually hoped and prayed LC into our life and, in doing so, also brought this dream to life.  Gah, this is embarrassing to say this out loud but I don't think of this as just "my" dream...I think of this as "our" dream.  As in the people who invested in my journey and are still investing their time in reading and lift up prayers on behalf of our family and even Custom Made Kid™.  Gag if you want to but I swear I mean it. 
 
God has given me this incredible vision for Custom Made Kid™.  It literally makes my heart palpitate when I think of it. It's not going to be just a children's book...it'll have super powers.  :-)

Will you come dream with me?

20 comments:

Brittney said...

I know you don't have a release date yet but do you think it will be available before Christmas? This would be just the thing for a gift for my niece and nephews!!

amy (metz) walker said...

Hey Brittney, I wish I could say that it would be released by Christmas but I know for sure that won't be the case.

My goal is May for an official release! Thank you so much, though, for wanting to share!!! I hope you'll keep the book in mind!

Lanie said...

Amy!!!! I am bursting with happiness and pride for you! I will definitely be buying a book. I've been dying to read it.

LC said...

Dreaming and praying right along with you sister! May God do huge, HUGE things through CMK:)

Debbie said...

Yes Amy...so many of us have walked this journey with you..and what a blessing to see God's faithfulness throughout this journey! I'm so excited for you,and cannot wait until the book becomes available! God is good and true to His word!

Karen said...

Fabulous!!! So excited for you!!

Lauren said...

I'm so absolutely excited for you! This is such an awesome, awesome thing that God is doing through you and with you!

amy (metz) walker said...

Hey Brittney, I wish I could say that it would be released by Christmas but I know for sure that won't be the case.

My goal is May for an official release! Thank you so much, though, for wanting to share!!! I hope you'll keep the book in mind!

amy (metz) walker said...

Thanks, friend! I know you know the feeling of having a CMK...we just were blessed in different ways in how we "got" them.

amy (metz) walker said...

Yaaay! So exciting!!

amy (metz) walker said...

GAH! I! I am SO excited for you! Literally can not wait to get my hands on this book as I'm sure it will be nothing short of spectacular! Feeling blessed to have been able to help pray this sweet child into your arms. YOU and your custom made story, hand written by our Father, have been such a huge blessing to me. Thank you for allowing so many of us in on it!

amy (metz) walker said...

How exciting! I can't wait to read the book!

amy (metz) walker said...

So exciting!! Definitely prayed so much for you guys through your journey and will dream with you through this newest journey!!!

amy (metz) walker said...

complete stranger here from VA. prayed for you to be blessed with a child. so happy that prayer was answered. will def purchase a book, actually 2. one friend adopted 5 yrs ago and one currently adopting from Ethiopia.

amy (metz) walker said...

Yup, I feel that way exactly. :)

Rebecca Stanley said...

I love it!!! :-)

amy (metz) walker said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to purchase the book for a gift for one of my dear friends who now has a Custom Made Kid! :)

amy (metz) walker said...

Thank you! The website should be up soon and I'll have an option to subscribe to updates on the book progress. So excited you'll be sharing it.

amy (metz) walker said...

Great! Thanks so much!

amy (metz) walker said...

I just popped in randomly because I felt like I needed to click onto your blog. My friends just met their custom-made kid today (he was actually born today)... and they're pretty excited and nervous. I can't wait to buy a book for them.